Hundreds of companies are bought and sold each year in Estonia. In the case of bigger transactions, relying on assistance from transaction advisers has become the norm, although for the sake of total certainty, it’s a good idea to bring aboard an adviser even on smaller acquisitions.
6 aspects where Grant Thornton Baltic can help your company in acquisitions:
- We’ll give you an overview of what phases and activities the acquisition process entails and how long it will all take.
- We can help you find the company that is best suited for realising your future plans. You might want to snap up your competitor or a key link in your supply chain.
- We’ll contact the company of interest to you to determine whether they are interested in selling. This ensures confidentiality for you – if you are in the market for acquiring a competitor, you probably don’t want to telegraph your moves.
- We’ll thoroughly evaluate the financial situation, future value and acquisition-related risks for the company you have chosen (due diligence) and determine the price of the company.
- We’ll take part in negotiations, prepare the contracts and documents needed for the transaction and deal not only with tax and legal matters but also assist in lining up financing.
- After the acquisition is complete, we’ll help merge the two companies – important for developing a shared organisational culture, common values and rhythm.
6 aspects where Grant Thornton Baltic can help you in selling your company:
- We’ll give you an overview of what phases and activities the process of selling your company entails and how long it will take.
- We’ll determine the value of your company – the possible sale price.
- If there aren’t any solid suitors, we’ll prepare a short write-up for your company and introduce it to potential buyers.
- Once you have selected the best suitors, we’ll put together an overview of your company’s financial situation, clients and other important aspects so that potential buyers can table an initial price offer.
- After you’ve made the decision on the final candidates, due diligence will be carried out. We’ll help you prepare all of the necessary documents and coordinate the entire due diligence process.
- We’ll help you reach agreement on sales conditions with the buyer, prepare the contracts and documents needed for the transaction and deal not only with tax and legal matters.
It’s who you know who knows
Kristo Karilaid, member of the management board of United Motors AS
“In business, it’s important to surround yourself with sage advisers because you can’t be a specialist yourself in every field. Acquiring companies is not our everyday activity and that is why we chose Grant Thornton Baltic as our adviser. Our years of cooperation show that we made the right decision.
“In autumn 2018, Grant Thornton Baltic provided consultation to us on a transaction where we acquired the right to market Peugeot and Hyundai vehicles. We acquired AFT Capital OÜ, whose subsidiary Auto Forte Tallinn OÜ held the distribution rights in Estonia for Peugeot and Hyundai. Grant Thornton Baltic provided us with advisory services in setting out the terms of the acquisition, determining the transferable assets, drafting contracts and price negotiations.
“We have a very high appreciation for Grant Thornton Baltic’s contribution in reviewing the contract of purchase and sale and the keen eye of the advisers in terms of even the tiniest details in performing due diligence on AFT Capital.”
Why Grant Thornton Baltic?
Grant Thornton Baltic is your one-stop shop for all services related to mergers and acquisitions: we draft contracts, perform valuations and due diligence, give advice on matters concerning the company’s structure and tax issues, along with much more. We have many years of experience advising cross-border transactions as well and can draw on the contacts and knowledge of Grant Thornton member companies in more than 130 countries.