Our experienced, nationally recognized forensic expert Artur Suits provides assessments in the economic and financial field and has evaluated many projects over the years.
On September 1, 2023, the new Forensic Expertise Act entered into force and the Estonian Forensic Science Institute maintains a list of state-recognized experts in finacial matters.
The competence of our experts includes the following areas:
- losses due to business interruption
- damage resulting from harmful contracts and transactions
- damage to the rights of minority shareholders
- assessing lost revenue and finding a reasonable fee
- benchmarking of evaluation reports
- assessment of the fair value of business operations, participations and shares
- occurrence detection
- identification of causes
- disputes with the Competition Authority
- calculation of marginal prices
Some examples of work done
- Assessment of the economic damage caused by the infringement of the right of ownership and possession, as a result of which the economic activity of the company ceased.
- In the dispute over the price set in the takeover bid of the small shareholders of the gambling company, the assessment of the relevance and justification of the inputs to the valuation reports and thus the accuracy of the valuation results.
- Assessment of economic damage resulting from dilution of minority interest.
- Analysis of the improvement of economic efficiency in a dispute with the Competition Authority.
- Assessment of economic damage caused by the transfer of shares in a private limited company.
- Assessment of the economic damage caused by the transfer of a business unit of the company.
- Estimation of the normal value of assets in connection with the suspension of economic activities due to the seizure of the company's assets.
- Analyzing the use of charitable TV donations.
- Assessment of loss of income in connection with a dispute between an advertising agency and a political party.
- Valuation of the fair value of a group of real estate companies.
- Identifying the causes of insolvency and determining the moment of insolvency in connection with the bankruptcy proceedings.