The internal auditor provides assurance to the management that the decisions and actions taken are correct, in accordance with the law, and that resources are used economically, efficiently and effectively.
Our work is based on the Auditing Act and international professional standards. Our clients include companies operating in the financial sector, local governments, foundations, state-owned companies, etc.
We offer following internal audit services
We provide the services of an internal auditor to organizations that are either required or wish to ensure the professional activities of internal audit in their organization:
• we coordinate the organization's risk assessment and management
• we prepare an internal audit strategy and annual plan
• we carry out audits and advisory work according to the plan, we make proposals for the improvement and efficiency of operations
• we present the results of audits to the organization's management
• we monitor the implementation of recommendations
Internal audit offers the highest level of assurance. As a result of the internal audit, we assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the process, internal control system, etc., and make recommendations for improvements to ensure the effectiveness of the organization's operations and compliance with legislation.
In special areas (eg cyber security, data protection), we use experts in the field to ensure the high quality of audits.
Advisory projects are inherently advisory, and their content and nature are defined in agreement with the client. Examples of advisory projects include:
- advising on building and improving the internal audit function
- we advise on the preparation of the internal audit strategy and annual plan, planning, conducting, documenting, and writing reports
- we advise the organization's management on establishing a functioning internal control system that includes the organization's control environment, risk management, control activities, information and communication systems, and monitoring
- we consult on improving the efficiency of internal procedures
- we coordinate the self-assessment of the organization's activities
The purpose of governance evaluation is to conclude whether governance processes have adequately supported the achievement of the organization's goals and whether there has been an increase in stakeholder confidence in the organization.
Governance processes include providing strategic direction, implementing a risk management process, leading and supporting an ethical culture, establishing a structure, appropriate division of labor and rules, managing resources, establishing communication principles, and analyzing the organization's operations and results.
If you have similar challenges and questions, please contact our specialists.
„Initially, we created the internal audit function only to mitigate regulatory risks and comply with legal requirements, but now we have also taken into account the business risks identified in cooperation with Grant Thornton Baltic to ensure better performance of the company.“